skip to main | skip to sidebar

Friday, October 12, 2012

Coughing Colors

I'm not the kind of person who believes in bad luck, but today was just...off.

It should have been an easy day. I woke up early and called Verizon concerning a $200 overage charge on my joint cell phone bill with my husband, and they--very nicely and professionally--agreed to strike $100 off since it was so out of character for us.  This put me in a great mood, so I happily strolled out of my apartment at ten till eight, ready to get into work an hour or so early.

I got in the car and hooked up my iPod, found a song I liked, and turned the volume way up.  I had only driven a few yards before a parking enforcement officer passed by, stared at my car, then motioned for me to stop.  There was a moment of freak out where I thought he was going to comment on my out-of-state license plate, but after I rolled down my window, he sauntered over, pointed at the back of my car, and said, "You know you have a flat, right?"

An hour and one AAA visit later, I was back on the road with my spare tire (to be honest, I didn't even know I had one until the officer opened up my trunk and fished it out), ready to do some hardcore excel shit.   I got in on time to make my lunch order for the day (we order out from 2 different locations every day and can place the orders on our corporate site)--a rainbow roll and miso soup from a popular Japanese place nearby.  By the time noon rolled around, I was starving but hadn't received the email to pick up my food a reception.  Two hours went by, and all of us in our department were feeling flat out mutinous.  Finally, the girl next to me got a call from the front desk saying, "Uh...did you guys like, want to get your food or what?"  Apparently, the lunch emails "hadn't gone through" and eight of us just hadn't received them.  We all stalked off toward the front only to find that it had been sitting there for hours and the restaurant had forgotten our miso soups.

What happened next?  I spilled soy sauce all over my pants.  I ran to the bathroom to try to clean it off, and in the stall, noticed two things:  1) the seam at the top of my new pants had unraveled completely and 2) my underwear was...inside out.  :(

Ok, so for the good parts of the day: I got to leave work early to...sign the lease on my new apartment!!!!!  Also, I walked to the nearby bookstore and picked up "Salt: A World History" and "The Marriage Plot"--the former I had been wanting for several years and the latter has been on my "want" list since Christmas.  So even though I won't have internet for a few days at my new place, at least I'll have some books to keep me company.

On a random note, here are some pics of my nails.  For the last few months, I've really been into glittery, ridiculously girly polishes.  The reason?  Regular polish chips within a day on me, but a few layers of glitter and I'm good for a week at the least.  

My new place!  There are just these units (each building has one unit on top, one on the bottom).  I have a bottom one and the tree is right outside our window.  And the crazy thing?  It's the same number as my previous apartment.

All the rooms have these gorgeous windows which means LIGHT. FCKING BEAUTIFUL NATURAL LIGHT.


Ok, now I'm going to go shower, pick up a little, and read one of my awesome new books.  Have a great weekend!!

0 comments: