skip to main | skip to sidebar

Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Imagine this: you are at your computer working on a large spreadsheet, earbuds in place, ipod playing some leaked Taylor Swift tracks (because you are a huge dork).  You are innocently bobbing your head along to the music while tapping out some numbers in excel.  And then a neon-colored elephant stuffed animal sails across the room and whacks you right in the back of the head. 

Welcome to Company X.

It's hard to believe it's almost been a month already.  I don't remember if I wrote it here or not, but during my first week, I wished for nothing more than to wake up the next day and realize that a month has gone by--that I'm not the hugest idiot in the room anymore.  And even though the day to day activities have been a slow, uphill battle, when you scale back, everything has moved in hyper-speed.

It's not like I'm doing much during the weeks, though.  I come home from work and head back to my company apartment, then spend the next few hours watching TV on my computer, listening to music, or writing.  It's not a real life--it's like hotel life or something.  But I *did* get an apartment and can move in on Friday!!  It's absolutely fantastic.  It's in a busy part of Ktown but it's down a quiet side street.  There is a courtyard in the center of the complex (just a handful of units).  The unit itself has all hardward floors, 2 bedrooms, and gorgeous, large windows that stretch to the floor.  There is even parking in the back!  And the price?  Well...utilities included, it will be about $500 cheaper than my Maryland place.  Life in the DC suburbs ain't cheap.

My company will drop off all my boxes (they've been sitting in a loading dock for 3 weeks now...I really, really hope no one stole anything) on Saturday morning, and I'll spend the rest of the weekend un-packing.  Hopefully, a friend or two can come over to assist.  Then, I just have to wait another week for Dean to come back from DC (he's been there working).

Suddenly, I'm not in the mood to write anymore.  In fact, I want to go eat a cup of noodles.  Away I go.


1 comments:

  1. how are u able to morph your blog like this?

    interesting posts u got