skip to main | skip to sidebar

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Voyager

A photo post.  A lot happened in the last week but it would be exhausting to type it all out.  I kept starting this entry and then deleting it out of frustration.

Went here for Dean's "welcome to LA" first official meal as an LA resident...at 11:30 PM.  We left at 2:30 am right as they were closing.  It was pricier than I am used to, but the quality of meat was top notch.  Great place and only a few blocks away.

The next morning, we walked to Paris Baguette, which I was freaking thrilled to find is just as cheap stateside as it is in Korea.  Holla.

After, we went to Little Tokyo for lunch and in the parking lot, Dean snapped this winning photograph.  Also, I got that shirt at Jet Rag last week--it has a picture of a unicorn and the words "Books are Magic".  It has a few small holes in the back but I could care less.

Just a shot of some stuffed animals we have hanging around the office.  For some reason, maintenance built a shelf there last week and we promptly loaded these on top.






e
Office Halloween party from today!  It was just an hour in the middle of the day, but it was a surprisingly good time.  Our HR chick put together some amusing games and everyone had some laughs.  Things have been insanely busy as of late, so everyone needed an excuse to just let loose.

I was super lame and just recycled one of my costumes from last year.  But Red Riding Hood without the basket...silliness.  

Finally, a closing shot of Dean and Blue hanging out.  I love it when cat's toes curl like that.  I just want to eat them.


Overall, these past few days:  Driving around in a U-Haul, moving in furniture, helping friend move furniture, haggling in Spanish, Supernatural marathon, meat, costumes, computers, soju.

3 comments:

  1. Hey Jen, longtime reader of your blogs, and I feel we experienced similar lifestyles while living in Korea, which is why I'm asking this question. I'm wondering if you can make a post of similarities/differences between Koreatown and Seoul? I know it's a ridiculous question as they are both worlds different, but I've lived in Seoul for 2 years and am thinking of moving to Koreatown in L.A. I'm a bit scared though as Seoul is my #1 city, but I've been told if I want a "Korea away from Korea" that L.A. is the place to go.
    (Also, I know I should check it out for myself, which I will be doing next month, but I like to hear the perspective from people who have lived in both places. I'm sure I can't get the whole feel of L.A. in just a few days visiting.) Thanks in advance!

  2. Ok, for me...Ktwon reminds me of the area of Seoul where I lived (Sillim). It's not quite Hongdae and it's definitely not Gangnam--it can be rowdy, but there are always tiny little ajummas tottering around with shopping bags, too. I like it a lot, actually, but it definitely depends on where you live. It seems like 6th street and Olympic both have popular areas, and I live very close to 6th. There are plenty of Korean bars around, tons of noraebangs, restaurants, etc. There's a Paris Baguette right down the street from me, too! I've been to Ktown in NYC and Annandale, but this one in LA is the "home away from home" place. I love it. Hope this helped.

  3. Thanks for the reply! Are there a lot of opportunities to use Korean there then? One of the reasons I am interested in that area is because I don't want my Korean skills to diminish too much :/ Anyway, one more question - is the nightlife in Ktown similar in that the bars/restaurants stay open really late? Thanks again! In the odd chance that I see you there, I'll say hi!